I’m so glad that you loved my photographs so much that you’d like to use them to promote your business! I’m really happy for suppliers to use my images and I absolutely understand how useful great quality images from real weddings can be.
I retain copyright of my images and my couples have a personal use license which doesn’t cover commercial use of the images which means if you’d like to use the images then you need to have permission.
When I give you permission to use my images, I still retain the copyright.
I have a choice between free and paid options for this… let’s start with the paid options!
- Images cannot be released to suppliers before they are delivered to the couple. It is safe to assume this will be within 12 weeks of the date of the wedding, but certainly not before 8 weeks.
- Between June and October, my time is focused solely on my clients and editing, so please don’t be offended if I take a little longer to come back to you during this time.
- Images are supplied at £15 per image to suppliers and high resolution, unwatermarked digital downloads can be bought directly from the full gallery. This allows you to choose which images you’d really like rather than me guessing what you’re after. This fee covers my admin time and I hope encourages suppliers to recognise the value in images they are being allowed to use. These images may be used in print and on websites and social media, subject to usage rules, which are listed below.
- A polite reminder that screenshotting images and using them without permission, even if credited, isn’t cool.
- But I know most of the time suppliers just want content for social media, blogs or on their websites where they can easily accommodate a credit. In this case I am all for sharing and I believe in businesses empowering each other – plus I know you’ve worked really hard for your clients, and images can really help you to grow your business. So, I have a really easy free option for using the images which covers these common uses.
- Provided you can place a linked credit on the page on which the image or video is used, and as long as you do not edit the image in any way (apart from cropping if necessary) you can use them for free. Send me a message and, as long as the couple are happy for you to use the images, I will let you take your selection of images from the gallery/send you a link to an embeddable version of the video.
RULES FOR IMAGE USE
- Images must not be edited in any way. This includes things such as converting to black and white, applying Instagram filters, sharpening and cropping (although cropping to a square on Instagram is absolutely fine!)
- I understand that crediting isn’t always possible in print, but credit should be provided wherever images are used online. On websites a link should be provided to www.hannahhallphotography.co.uk and on social media the relevant tag should be included: Instagram, Facebook and website.
The final caveat is that our couples must have agreed to you using their images, so please make sure you’ve got permission from them first!
If you have any questions or would like to gain access to gallery to purchase your images, drop me a line.